Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Hard Copy

On June 21st, 2013, a great many monumental things happened. But in the midst of them all, I received my two copies for my final analysis!!! They are so beautiful! I smelled them, and, of course, they smell like perfectly bound, glossy-covered books! I haven't figured out what font they used, but it fits the style perfectly! And MY NAME is on the cover!!! And MY PICTURE is inside the front flap!!! It all looks so beautiful, I did my happy dance in the dining room.

For anyone who may be reading this, for the record, I dedicated my novel to Katelyn and Ashley Hufford, Hannah Darling, Emily Souerdike, Hannah Lewis, Danielle Kelley, and the other girls in my church who inspired me and made me feel like my book was worth continuing. And, of course, I also dedicated it to my little brother, Thomas. He's been so good to me in this whole process, believing that I had more in me and helping me brainstorm when I thought I was out of ideas. My book wouldn't have made it past Chapter 10 without him.

I took the book with me to work because I knew I would see Thomas there and I wanted to show him the dedication in person. While at work, the front cover caught the eye of Sarah Houser, a fellow waitress and friend. She didn't believe that I had written it until she saw my picture on the front flap. Then she flipped out. She showed it to every one of my fellow coworkers, always getting the same reaction: "WHAT!?"  "Heather?"  "No way!"  "Get out of town!" Before long, it was my own little rave. A customer at the back of the restaurant told their waitress that they wanted to talk to me. It was a singer from Woodstock named Melanie. She gave me her latest album, "Ever Since You Never Knew Me." She talked to me about my book and wanted to buy a copy on the spot! I knew I couldn't sell her my Author Copy (and I only brought the Hard Back version-- which is 40$ -_-) So I took her information so I could send her a copy! My First Sale!

It's been an eventful past few days, but this is the first little wave in the excitement for my book. I can't wait for you all to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment