Monday, May 16, 2011

Deadlines

For those of you who have had the chance to update yourselves on my blog lately, thank you so much! I know I have spurts some times where I'll write for three days straight, fast for three months, then get all gluttonous for blogging again. So thank you for continuing the check-up throughout my irregularities!

Right now I'm just distraught over my lack of progress.... I know that I've done a lot, it's just that I had hoped to have my book published by the end of this month... And I'm not even close! And sometimes it feels like I'll never get there. I'm thankful that West Bow is so forgiving with their deadlines. They said that I can take all the time I need... But I still feel bad....

As far as progress I have made, I have come to almost the middle of the book, as far as editing goes. I can't remember if I've said this already, but, in accordance to one of my editors' suggestions, I completely trashed the whole first three or so chapters and completely rewrote them. Honestly, I love the way they've turned out! I feel like I've upped the standard a good deal, and I know that having editors has significantly helped that. There are times I wish it were at the same level as my composition teacher's standards, but she understands the need for being a bit more laid-back. =)

So yes! This is just an update to let you know the progress of book 2: My World of Conceit!

No comments:

Post a Comment